The San Joaquin Farm Bureau Federation has been serving agriculture in this region since 1914. The Farm Bureau is a nonprofit membership organization representing nearly 2,000 members on issues that affect the premiere agricultural industry and the rural communities that make up San Joaquin County. The San Joaquin Farm Bureau Federation is currently soliciting applications for qualified individuals to fill the vacant position of Program Assistant.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and in concert with the Program Directors, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Providing meeting notices and support for numerous committees.
- Complete tasks/reports associated with the CDFA’s Technical Assistant grant.
- Oversee maintenance of building and equipment and associated service accounts.
- Keep inventory, order office & building supplies, and contacting vendors for service as needed.
- Maintain conference room scheduling calendar and set up conference room for events.
- Technology facilitator for meetings via Zoom.
- Maintaining updates to the SJFB website at sjfb.org and the weekly e-newsletter.
- Lending editorial production support for Farm Bureau News, a monthly newspaper to members.
- Coordinate fundraisers, specifically the Gun Calendar Raffle.
- Providing clerical and event support for our SJFB Foundation for Agricultural Education.
- Completing standard non-profit mailings for events and seminars.
- Maintain financial records and transactions.
- Maintaining detailed records for membership support.
- Additional duties as assigned.
This position requires an individual who is flexible, can prioritize multiple tasks and can work days as well as occasional evening events.
Be willing to cooperatively work toward the betterment of the San Joaquin Farm Bureau Federation while interacting with the Farm Bureau membership, public at large, voluntary Board of Directors and staff when called upon.
Must be able to provide reliable transportation to and from work assignments.
Preferably possess a bachelor’s degree in agriculture or related experience.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word/Publisher, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Constant Contact, Zoom, and WordPress.
Must have clerical skills and experience working in an office environment.
Preferable experience in working with the public in either a customer service or membership based setting. The position requires the person to be able to lift 30 pounds to manage our supplies.
Please send a one-page cover letter addressing your qualifications as to why you would be the best candidate for this position citing specific examples, including resume, salary history with three references to the Farm Bureau. This position will remain open until filled.
Please send all information attention:
Mr. Bruce Blodgett
San Joaquin Farm Bureau Federation
3290 N Ad Art Road
Stockton, CA 95215
Or submit electronically to: email@example.com
Please no calls.
For more about the San Joaquin Farm Bureau visit www.sjfb.org